Favorite Kitchen Remodel Features
It’s hard to pick just a few favorite elements in a kitchen remodel, as there are so many great solutions to choose from. However, our team agreed on the following favorites:
- Pot filler – this swing-out tool is typically positioned behind the stove and is great for avid cooks that want convenience at their fingertips and don’t want to lug heavy pots around the kitchen.
- Spice Rack – if you love to have an organized kitchen, this feature is well-worth the cost in time saved and mess avoided.
- Food Sensitivity Space – many clients love having dedicated spaces if food allergies or sensitivities are at play. We’ve done several spaces for clients that desire a gluten free zone where they don’t have to worry about contamination from other family members.
- Food Waste – If you love cooking, having a flush-mount food waste container may be desirable. You can easily sweep food waste into the bin and keep it enclosed until you are ready to empty it.
- Hidden Garbage Can – if you have the space to include a cabinet for garbage and recycling, it keeps this eyesore from cluttering up your beautiful new space, but with easy access.
- Coffee Bar – many coffee loving clients choose to have a dedicated space for their coffee habit. The machine, coffee beans, mugs and all related paraphernalia can be stored in one space for a quick and easy caffeine hit on your way out the door.
- Raised Bar – it’s common for the kitchen to be the gathering place in a home. Having a raised home bar can allow guests to congregate in the kitchen, but keep the work spaces clear for cooking. Raised bars are also great solutions for after-school homework.
- Appliance Garage – a closeable space where the commonly used appliances can be kept, plugged in, but without having to take out valuable counter space or creating an eyesore.
- Prep Sink – a relationship saver in a busy kitchen, a prep sink can make food preparation fast and easy without having to nudge a family member out of the way every time you need to wash a vegetable. We like to see this prep sink in an island as it gives two distinct work locations.
- Warming Drawer – a nice feature for clients that do a lot of entertaining. This allows you a dedicated location to keep food warm while you’re still preparing other items.
Which ones would you choose for your space?
Leave a Reply