Home Tasks Before You Hibernate
It’s that time of year that many of us want to hunker down and hibernate for the season. It’s cold outside and rain, snow and sleet is always a possibility. Before you grab your favorite hoodie and snuggle in, we suggest you do these tasks so that you and your home is ready for whatever comes.
- Ensure you’ve recently changed the batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide monitors in your home. Consider doing the same for your flashlights.
- Organize your cold weather accessories. Find a spot with flooring sufficient to withstand coats drip drying and a tray for wet boots.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Especially post holidays, there is inevitably something that got pushed to the back and forgotten. Now is a good time to take stock of what you need to throw out, use up, and give the drawers and shelves a good wipe.
- Cozy up your home. Find your favorite throw, nice smelling candles and favorite cozy clothes to snuggle in while the temperatures dip.
- Plan for the year ahead. If you have things you’d like to do to your house this year, now is a good time to determine your needs and contact your favorite remodeler to get started!