Tasks for the New Year
We think a little love goes a long way, especially when it comes to your home! Here we provide you with a list of what to focus on each month to help you keep your home in optimal shape. Here’s your January list:
- Empty the refrigerator. After the holidays, many of us will have fuller than usual refrigerators with things sometimes pushed way to the back. Pull everything out, throw out anything not wanted and wipe down shelves and drawers so you start the new year with a fresh and clean canvas from which to create your culinary specialties.
- Add moisture. If you’re getting shocked every time you hug another member of your family, you might be feeling the static electricity blues. These little zaps indicate the air in your home is too dry. Use a humidifier or put a pot of water on the stove to increase the moisture in the air and stop the shocking!
- Inventory your valuables. January is a good time of year to take stock of your home’s contents and make sure that your insurance is up to date. Photograph items and document appropriately so that if the unfortunate happens, you’re prepared.
- Watch the pipes. While we’ve already been through freezing temperatures and snow this winter, it’s still smart to make sure you have appropriate insulation or wrapping where pipes are exposed and sensitive to temperature fluctuations.
- After you put the holiday clutter away, it often feels like you’ve got a blank slate to work with. Refresh kids’ spaces by getting rid of toys no longer played with and consider other areas in your home where a decluttering might be called for. Usher in the new year with a cleaner, clearer house.
Leave a Reply