Winterizing PNW Style
Don’t get behind on your winter preparation tasks this month. Save yourself time and money by getting these home chores done asap so you can breathe easy regardless of what mother nature may send our way.
- Check the insulation levels in your attic and crawlspace to make sure your home is nice and toasty this winter.
- Switch your ceiling fan to clockwise which will help push hot air back down into the room.
- Review your emergency kit and replace anything out of date so if the power goes out, you’re all set.
- Inspect your windows and doors for cracks or failing seals and address them as necessary.
- If you have a wood heated fireplace now is the time to have it cleaned and the chimney checked for any damage. A professional can identify any creosote build-up that could be a fire concern.
- Change the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide monitors to ensure you’ll have appropriate notice if there’s an issue.
- Replace your furnace filter to maximize efficiency going into the high use season.
- Trim bushes and rake leaves and branches away from your home’s siding as they can lead to decay.