Home Tasks for November
November is a transition month. We’re not only dealing with rain and wind, but colder temperatures are here as well. Here are a few home tasks to focus on this month:
- Cover your outdoor faucets and protect pipes that are subject to the changing temperatures. Frozen pipes can lead to burst pipes, so it’s a very good idea to protect them.
- Check your carbon monoxide monitors. Colder temperatures lead to increased fireplace use, so having a working carbon monoxide monitor will help ensure your family’s safety.
- Schedule service on your fireplace. This annual maintenance appointment shouldn’t be skipped as it can reveal small issues before they’re a big problem.
- Check your chimney for cracks. Especially during our rainy season, water damage along cracks are commonplace, so having an inspection could prevent or minimize that damage and expense.
- Check the expiration date on your fire extinguisher and replace it if necessary.
- Evaluate outdoor areas for repair needs. Compromised areas on a deck or patio could become an accident waiting to happen when ice and rain are added to the mix.
Wishing everyone a warm and cozy November.